* * *
Mountains & Maps is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Mountains & Maps may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy. You should check from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect when you are making a booking:
2) contact information including email address
3) geographic information such as postal address
4) telephone number
5) other information relevant to your booking, e.g. dietary requirements, special needs, disabilities.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to process your booking and in particular for the following reasons:
1) internal record keeping
2) relevant information will be passed to the trip guide
3) send you information related to your trip
4) we may periodically send promotional emails about trips.
All the information you give is protected by a secure server.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information in the following ways:
1) Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
2) If you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.